You’re doing great as an HR and are happy with your career, but what’s next? In this competitive world, even an MBA degree isn’t sufficient to be prepared for an infinite world of opportunities. To succeed at every step along the way, you must never stop learning. Hence, to give your HR career the boost it needs, you should back your expertise with the right certifications. Remember, new and important skills will give you more credibility and make you more valuable in the industry.
So, what are the certifications you must consider to enhance your skills in the HR industry? Read on to find out.
SHRM-CP stands for the Society of Human Resource Management Certified Professional. It is the global standard certification for HR professionals with SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge as the foundation for SHRM certifications.
These certifications help HR professionals gain the knowledge required to get an edge and succeed in the HR industry. Moreover, certifications offered by SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) are recognized and valued in the HR industry. The SHRM-CP certification is accessible at all career levels to HR professionals.
Who can opt for SHRM-CP certification?
- Professionals with a Bachelor’s degree who have served 1 to 2 years in an HR role
- Professionals with a graduate degree who are currently in an HR position
- Professionals who have 1 year of experience with a Diploma
Soft Skills Training Courses
Soft skills are critical to success in every industry but a huge number of employees are not skilled enough which can lead to costly mistakes to their employers. This is why companies are now realizing the need for formal soft skills training.
If you choose to become a soft skills trainer in addition to a certified HR professional, you can get an edge and easily land a job at a higher position. As a certified soft skills trainer, you will be responsible for the soft skills training of employees which would include:
- Leadership development
- Interpersonal skills development
- Problem-solving skills development
- Critical thinking training
- Development of emotional intelligence, etc.
SHRM-SCP stands for SHRM Senior Certified Professional. It is a senior-level certification for HR professionals by the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge. It is a valuable certification that can help you bring new ideas to your organization and will give you an edge above other HR professionals.
The SHRM BoCK™ organizes training into 3 clusters:
- Leadership Training – Navigation, Leadership, and Ethical Practice
- Interpersonal Training – Communication, Relationship Management, and Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Business Training – Critical Evaluation, Consultation, and Business Acumen
Who can opt for SHRM-SCP certification?
- HR professionals who have 3 to 7 years of experience in HR-related fields and are responsible for activities such as analyzing the performance, creating strategies aligned with business goals and leading the HR function.
SPHR certification stands for Senior Professional in Human Resources which can be acquired from HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). The certification is designed for HR professionals who look at the bigger picture and are involved in planning rather than the execution of the HR policy. SPHR certified professionals are valued for their proven accountability in all HR disciplines.
Who can opt for SPHR certification?
- HR professionals who have at least 4 years of experience with a Master’s degree
- HR professionals who have at least 5 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree
- HR professionals who have at least 7 years of experience with a Diploma
Don’t let new opportunities slip by. Keep updating your strengths and stay in constant demand. Good luck!
For more great career tips, check out the other blogs on Career Geek.